Cost of living help | Shropshire Council
- Shropshire Council
Winter Support Service
What will the service provide?
The service will connect people to a range of support that will assist residents to remain well and independent within their own home, and will also ensure safe and effective discharges home from hospital. This includes:
- Transport returning home from hospital
- Settling people in at home following discharge from hospital
- Simple aids and equipment following hospital discharge
- Collecting and delivering medication
- Shopping and delivery
- Wellbeing home visits
- Companionship for isolated or lonely people
- Cost of living advice and support
- Connectivity into the wider offer of support from across the voluntary and community sector.
How do I find out more?
Residents and those who support people in the community can call the Winter Support Service helpline on 0345 678 9012 to find out more and be referred where appropriate. The phoneline will be open Mondays-Fridays, 9am to 5pm.
Further support with the cost of living
With the economic situation impacting most of us, we understand that many people are worried about rising costs.
You can find out more here: https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/cost-of-living-help/
Policy and Finance Committee Meeting on 4th December 2023
Ludlow Town Council is holding a Policy and Finance committee meeting at the Guildhall, Mill Street, …
Ludlow Town Council celebrates National Tree Week with a pledge to becoming more bio-diverse
As part of Ludlow Town Council’s ongoing commitment to environmental sustainability and bio-diversity…
Remembrance Sunday & Armsitice Day
Ludlow Town Remembrance Events draw hundreds to commemorate those fallen. In a moving tribute to honour…