Annual Report 2020 2021
In 2020 / 21, there have been enormous challenges, locally, nationally and globally. COVID-19 has touched everyone’s lives and we have all had to adapt in these times of turmoil.
As the vaccination programme has progressed, most local services have returned, and Ludlow Museum at the Buttercross and the Guildhall will reopen when it is safe to do so.
The Town Council has, like every local authority, seen its income from services decrease and there are still challenging times ahead. We have worked with Shropshire Council to keep our town as safe as possible. We will continue to assist with providing information to help local people and businesses to navigate the help that is available during the pandemic.
The Town Council presented Civic Awards to thank fourteen of the many volunteers who have supported their local community during the pandemic. Ludlow has a strong community – and we are humbled by the courage shown by many, and grateful as a community for all they have done for Ludlow.
Ludlow Town Council is active throughout the year providing public services and working with others for Ludlow. As a grass roots organisation, effective communication is important to us. We launched a new website in September 2020, and in the following seven months, we released seventy three articles on the work of the Town Council. In addition to the regular services provided by the town council, ten projects projects were completed in 2020 / 21.
Staff and Councillors have all gone above and beyond to keep things running as smoothly as possible.
Click the button to open the Annual Report 2020 / 21
The Town Council’s Vision for Ludlow is of a successful, vibrant, attractive town, where people want to live, work, and visit.
Ludlow Town Council aims to improve the quality of life for the residents of
• Engaging in an open dialogue with the residents of Ludlow to better understand their needs and, in turn, explain how we will address those needs within the resources and powers of the Council.
• Helping to create a socially inclusive and caring community which embraces all its residents, irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation, culture, income, race or religion and which seeks to develop their wellbeing, knowledge, understanding and mutual co-operation.
• Providing a democratic, representational voice for the Ludlow community.
• Preserving and enhancing the traditions, character, heritage and unique identity of the town
• Promoting Ludlow as a clean, safe, welcoming and prosperous town for all
• Providing high standard and cost effective services
• Becoming a better employer through continued valuing and development of employees, thereby encouraging personal responsibility and stimulating innovation, all for the betterment of the town.
• Working in partnership with others to achieve more for Ludlow.
Full Council Meeting Monday 2nd August 2021
There will be an online meeting of Full Council at 7pm on Monday 2nd August 2021, and decision making…
Policy and Finance Committee Virtual Meeting
There is a virtual meeting of Policy and Finance Committee at 7pm on Monday 26th July 2021. Please…
Representational Committee 21 July 2021
Representational Committee There will be an online meeting of the members of Representational Committee…